Requirements for a PAN Card Application
Individual and other HUF applicants who happen to be citizens of India and located within India at the time of submitting application for PAN should submit any one of the following that will serve as valid address proof.
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Depository account statement
- Credit card statement, bank account statement
- Rent receipt
- Employer certificate
- Ration card
- Voter’s identity card
- Property tax assessment order
- Driving license
- Certificate of address signed by a Member of Parliament or member of legislative assembly
- Municipal Council or a gazette officer
Proof of address should not be more than six months old from the date of application. Documents being submitted should be in the full name of the applicant as mentioned in the PAN application. In case the PAN applicant is a minor, any of the above documents of any one of the parents or guardian of such minor shall serve as proof of address.
In case PAN Application is made on behalf of a HUF, any of the above documents
in respect of Karta of the HUF will serve as proof of address. It is mandatory for individuals and HUF to mention their residential address on the PAN application and to submit valid proof of the same.
Citizens of India residing outside the country at the time of application of PAN need to submit any one of the following as proof of address-
- Bank account statement in country of residence
- NRE bank account statement.
Foreign citizens residing in INDIA the time of application for PAN copy should submit one of the following-
- Bank account statement in India
- Residential permit issued by the state police authorities
- Registration certificate issued by foreigner’s registration officer
- Visa application to Indian authorities and related documents